Please read the Data Protection Policy (hereinafter – Policy) carefully before browsing the http://crafter.world/ website (the “Website” or the “Service”) operated by Crafter (“Seller”, “us”, “we”, or “our”).
If you don’t agree with this Policy, please, don’t use our website.
We are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of your (“Purchaser”, “you”, “Consumer”) personal data.
We process your data in accordance with relevant data protection and privacy laws because processing is necessary to fulfil our contract with you, because there is a legal obligation upon us or because it is in our legitimate interests. Where we need your consent to process data we will ask you clearly for that consent and provide a means for you to easily withdraw that consent at any time.
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about how we use your data, you can email us via email@example.com.
- What we use your data for
- Fulfilling orders
We collect your personal data to fulfil the orders you make with us for products and services. This includes providing our services to you and to handle any comments, compliments or complaints you choose to make.
We send you details of products we think will be of interest to you and we do this by post, by email, by SMS and by other means. We will also process your personal data, including by profiling the data you give us and data we obtain from other sources, as part of our marketing processes to try and make product suggestions and provide special offers that we hope will excite and delight you.
When we collect your email address or mobile telephone number in the course of a sale or negotiations with you for a sale, we may use it to send you special offers and information related to our own similar products. If you do not wish us to use your email or mobile phone number for this purpose please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the words ‘Opt-out’ in the subject line and your name, postcode, email address and mobile number in the body of the email. You can do this at any time.
- General business activities
In common with any large business we need to process personal data for our general business purposes including the general security of our websites.
- Testing our systems
We sometimes need to use live data in our testing or development environments. We delete this data on a regular basis.
- Data we need to collect from you
- We will always need to collect data about your name, contact details and delivery details in order to fulfil our contract with you. We do not sell our products to people under 18. We will also need to collect information about your payment method and the bank details that go with it.
- Our systems also require us to collect your date of birth for security purposes and so that you can access your account. This will also be used to verify your age and identity and for marketing purposes.
- All of the information we collect from you will also be used for debt tracing and the prevention of money laundering as well as the management of your account. We may also share it with fraud prevention agencies or debt collection companies.
- The security of your personal data is very important to us. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard the information we collect. Access to your personal data is granted only to those employees who require it in order to perform their duties.
- Please be assured that we will never contact you or send emails asking you to provide personal information or to confirm your security details online. We would strongly advise you not to respond to any emails or websites that ask you to do so. If you are asked to do so by someone claiming to represent us, it is not a legitimate request and you should not respond or provide any information to them.
- Data sharing
- We will not sell any of your personal individual data which we hold to third parties – this includes but is not limited to your name, address, email address, or payment information.
- However, there are instances where we do share your data as a vital aspect of being able to deliver our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- Companies that are involved in getting your order to you, i.e. warehouses, order packers, courier services, and payment service providers.
- Companies that provide us services that help our business function such as marketing agencies, advertising partners, and website hosts.
- Credit reference agencies, law enforcement, and fraud prevention agencies, so we can help tackle fraud.
- Companies approved by you, such as social media websites.
- As explained above, there may be times when we provide third parties with anonymized information and analytics about our purchasers and, before we do so, we will make sure that you cannot be identified personally from this data.
- Your privacy rights
The General Data Protection Regulation 2016 affords you a variety of rights, we are obliged to tell you these rights include:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (as per this notice).
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it or collecting it, in some circumstances.
- The right to stop direct marketing messages and to withdraw consent for other consent-based processing at any time.
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data either to you or another service provider.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator
- If you wish to exercise any of these rights, have a complaint, or just have questions, please contact us.
- How long we keep your data
We will only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purpose it was provided and to meet our legal and regulatory obligations. If you wish to know the period we will retain your data, please contact us to make the request.
- Our lawful basis for using your data
- We will only collect and process your personal data where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis for our collection and use of your personal data varies depending on the manner and purpose for which we collected it.
- We will only collect personal data from you when:
- we have gained your explicit consent to do so, or
- we require your personal data to perform our obligations under the contract we have with you.
- the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your rights, or
- we have a legal obligation to collect or disclose personal data from you.
- If we wish to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and request your consent. We may process personal data without your consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
- Third-party websites and services
- This Policy applies solely to the information collected by the Seller through the Services and does not apply to any other websites, applications or services.
- Services (including, without limitation, advertisements) may involve linking to or using third-party services (hereinafter the “Third-Party Services”) such as various icons, shortcuts, applications or other means of access. Though we make best efforts to review such Services, we have no control over Third-Party Services and all use of such services is at your own risk.
- We cannot accept responsibility for the privacy practices of any such Third-Party Services and we are not responsible for content made available by them.
- We do not endorse any Third-Party Services and we urge you to exercise caution in using them and to carefully review their privacy practices.
- International data transfer
- Information collected by the Seller may be stored and processed in your region, or in any other country where the Seller or its affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, or service providers are located or maintain facilities. If we provide any information about you to any such entities, we will take appropriate measures to ensure such companies protect your information adequately in accordance with this Policy and applicable law.
- The European Commission has determined that certain countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) adequately protect personal data. You can review current European Commission adequacy decisions here. To transfer data from the EEA to other countries, such as the United States, we comply with legal frameworks that establish an equivalent level of protection with EU law.
- If international data transfer shall include countries outside the European Economic Area and states, which were not declared by the European Commission as those, that provide an adequate level of data protection, we shall use legal transfer mechanisms (contracts based on the European Commission approved standard contractual clauses). You can review it here.
- EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks
As of July 16, 2020, we no longer rely on the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield to transfer data that
originated in the EEA or the UK to the U.S according to the judgement of the Court of Justice of
the European Union in Case C-311/18 – Data Protection Commissioner V Facebook Ireland LTD and Maximillian Schrems. You can review this judgement here.
- Modification of this policy
- Whenever our Policy changes we will put the date it changed at the top of this page.
- If we make moderate changes we may highlight them on the front page of our website or in some other manner.
- Minor changes are made from time to time and we will simply update the Policy and change the effective date.
- We use a browser feature known as a “cookie”, which assigns a unique identification to your computer. Cookies are typically stored on your computer’s hard drive. Information collected from cookies is used by us to evaluate the effectiveness of our website, analyse trends. The information collected from cookies allows us to determine such things as which parts of our website are most visited and difficulties our purchasers may experience in accessing our website. With this knowledge, we can improve the quality of your experience on the website by recognising and delivering more of the most desired features and information, as well as by resolving access difficulties.
- We use third party service provider(s), to assist us in better understanding the use of our website. Our service provider(s) will place cookies on the hard drive of your computer and will receive information that we select that will educate us on such things as how purchasers navigate around our website, what products are browsed, and general transaction information. Our service provider(s) analyses this information and provides us with aggregate reports. The information and analysis provided by our service provider(s) will be used to assist us in better understanding our purchasers’ interests in our website and how to better serve those interests.
- The information collected by our service provider(s) may be linked to and combined with information that we collect about you while you are using the website and/or services. Our service provider(s) is/are contractually restricted from using information they receive from our website other than to assist us.
- You may control the cookies through the browser settings. Find out how to manage cookies on browsers:
- Contact us
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns not specifically regarding our Policy, please contact us at the email address email@example.com.